Pages

Friday 4 November 2011

Photoshop Tutorial 1


For my first photoshop tutorial I decided to learn and use the bleach contrast boost & satin effect on a photo. Above is the original photo I used for  this tutorial.



First of all I opened up the photo in Adobe Photoshop CS4 and changed the adjustment layer to black and white as shown above.


I then created a new layer above the background layer and added a soft light layer to the picture. This working in conjunction with the black and white layer gives the original picture more definition and makes key colours such as blacks and whites stand out.


Next I added Satin, by putting the blend mode to multiply and changed the colour to purple. This gave 
the picture a purple tint.


I then clicked on the contour option in the satin menu which allowed me to adjust where the purple tint is shown around the picture, which gives it a nice wavy effect.


This is the final image.

No comments:

Post a Comment